DiCamillo Companion
England

Basing Park

  • House & Family History: During World War II the house was requisitioned by the British government, who assigned Basing to the War Office.

    House Replaced By: In 1964 a new house was built on the site of the destroyed Basing Park.

  • Architect: Claud Phillimore

    Date: 1964
    Designed: New house

    View all houses
  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: John Love, 16th century. Joseph Martineau, 1835-63. William Nicholson, 1863-1909; Otho Nicholson, 1940s.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No