DiCamillo Companion
England

Brand Hall (The Brand)

  • House & Family History: Brand is a lovely early 18th century red brick two-story house with a central pediment supported by giant pilasters. In the mid-20th century the image of Brand Hall was made famous by Wade Ceramics, who produced many inexpensive porcelain recreations of the House as the fictional Bloodshot Hall (see "Images" section). At the time of its fame as Bloodshoot Hall, Brand was owned by Sir George Wade, the chairman of Wade Ceramics.

  • Architect: William Baker

    Date: 1756
    Designed: Altered interiors for Robert Davison

    View all houses
  • Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - SOFTBACK
    Author: Colvin, Howard
    Year Published: 1995
    Reference: pg. 95
    Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
    ISBN: 0300072074
    Book Type: Softback

    Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume II: Herefordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire
    Author: Reid, Peter
    Year Published: 1980
    Reference: pg. 80
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110319
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Grade II*

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Samuel Davison, early 18th century; Robert Davison, 18th century. Purney Sillitoe, 19th century. Griffin family. Capt. John Radford-Norcop, 20th century. Sir George Albert Wade, 1950s.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No

VISIT AND HELP PRESERVE HISTORIC BRITISH HOUSES

Help preserve Britain’s privately owned country houses by joining Historic Houses. Use code DICAM7 for a £7 discount off a new membership that will give you access to hundreds of historic houses.

Join Now