The house from the air from a circa 1921 photograph
Built / Designed For: William Downe
House & Family History: Downe Hall is a house of five bays by two-and-a-half stories with Portland stone ashlar rustication. The small semicircular porch was added circa 1807.
Garden & Outbuildings: In the 1990s a housing development was erected in the former grounds of Downe Hall.
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: William Downe, 1780s-1810. Henry Templer, 1823-38; James Templer, 1838-50s. John Montagu, until 1893. Alfred William Hounsell Dammers, 1893-1900.
Current Ownership Type: Flat Owners Company / Condo Association
Primary Current Ownership Use: Flats / Multi Family
Ownership Details: Converted into five flats in the 1990s
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No