DiCamillo Companion

Elmdon Hall (Elmdon Manor)

  • Earlier Houses: Elmdon Manor, an earlier 16th century house, was demolished and replaced by the 18th century house.

    House & Family History: In 1944 Solihull District Council purchased the Elmdon Hall Estate (the House was occupied by the Home Guard during World War II). After the war the House was abandoned; its deterioration became so bad that it ultimately was impossible to save it. Elmdon Hall was demolished in 1956; a parking lot today occupies the site of the House.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: Part of the former Elmdon Estate is today a public park.

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: John Boteler, 16th century. Mayne family, circa 1570 until 1760. Abraham Spooner, 18th century. SEATED AT 18TH CENTURY HOUSE: Abraham Spooner, 18th century; Abraham Spooner Lillingston, 19th century. William Charles Alston, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No