House & Family History: The Pittormie Estate was gifted by King James VI to Ludovic of Lennox in 1596. The current crow-stepped gabled and conical-roofed turreted-house is primarily 18th century, with interiors that contain some of their original 18th century paneling, as well as chimneypieces reputedly from Old Dunnikeir House.
House Listed: Category B
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Ludovic of Lennox, 16th century. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Alexander William George Duff, 1st Duke of Fife, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: Club
Ownership Details: Today The Eden Club, a private luxury club.
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No