The gates from a 1904 postcard
House & Family History: Following the death of Weston's last private owners, Eliza and Anne Harrison, in the early 1870s, the City of Sheffield purchased the Weston Park Estate for £15,750 (approximately £8 million in 2016 inflation-adjust values using the labour value commodity index). The House opened as a museum in 1875 and was replaced in 1937 by a new museum building.
House Replaced By: The house was demolished in the 1930s and replaced in 1937 by the current purpose-built museum building.
Garden & Outbuildings: In the 1870s the former grounds of the House were converted into the first municipal park in Sheffield. In March 2006 the Heritage Lottery Fund awarded a £2 million grant for the restoration of Weston Park.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Grade II
Past Seat / Home of: Eliza and Anne Harrison, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Government
Primary Current Ownership Use: Museum
Ownership Details: Today Weston Park Museum and public park.